Abstract Submission Guidelines
THE DEADLINE TO SUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT IS JUNE 1, 2023 BY 5:00 PM EASTERN TIME.
Invitation to Participate
The Society of Robotic Surgery (SRS) invites abstract submissions to be considered for presentation at the Society of Robotics & Digital Surgery 2023 | July 24-26, 2023 | Melbourne, Australia
The recommended abstract length is between 385 and 500 words, excluding the title and authors’ names. Abstract titles should be descriptive (200 characters or less). If you wish to submit images with your abstract; images must be smaller than 525 x 343 pixels and a maximum of 2 images is allowed. Files must be less than 50MB. Allowed file types: png gif jpg jpeg. The Correspondent will receive an email message confirming the receipt of the abstract. Please notify your co-authors that the confirmation was received.
Procedures and Deadlines
- All abstracts must be received by June 1, 2023. Successful abstracts will be included in the annual scientific program at the recommendation of the 2023 Program Committee.
- ALL PRESENTERS MUST BE LIVE –Virtual presentations will not be allowed.
- Disclosures for ALL authors/co-authors is required within the submission form as well as their institutions, city, state, country, etc.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Accepted abstracts will be published in the Journal of Robotic Surgery.
- Copyright of the abstract(s) is assigned to the Journal of Robotic Surgery and any conflicts with any other scientific association will be the sole responsibility of the authors.
- Announcements of approved papers will be sent in Late March / Early April 2023.
- Complete instructions for speaker and presentation will be provided upon notification of abstract acceptance.
- ONLY ABSTRACTS SUBMITTED THROUGH THIS PROCESS PRIOR TO THE DEADLINE WILL BE CONSIDERED. EMAILED ABSTRACTS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Poster/Oral abstract submissions must be submitted with 4 components:
- Materials and Methods
- There must be only one subject per presentation
- All digital videos must be recorded in English and have some sound; music is not required
- The opening frames of the video presentation must begin with the exact title and include the authors’ names
- Submissions of presentations that are exceedingly commercial in character are discouraged and such submissions are less likely to be accepted for presentation
- Submissions funded by commercial companies must be identified as such in a disclaimer at the start of the presentation
- Digital video presentations longer than 5 minutes in durationwill automatically be rejected.
Allowed video types:. mov and .mp4
SRS Contact Information
All SRS Abstract questions should be directed to Caitlin Barry at, firstname.lastname@example.org.